Thursday, September 30, 2010

Alarm clocks

Oh I'm super excited! Going wedding dress shopping with Alli and Courtney tonight in Indy!  Since mom's coming next weekend, I thought I'd scope things out first. These girls rock my world and I'm so excited they're coming to help! Plus it's hard to find a time when all 3 of us are free to do ANYTHING let alone wedding dress shop! And Courtney's birthday was this past Monday, so we're doing b-day dinner after too!

So the newest, coolest thing about my apartment: Tennis courts! Not that I've played yet, or really ever, even though Nate bought me a racket last summer. No, more excited about the fact that it's totally enclosed which means: Quincey can run FREE!!!! However, I don't think he really understands this because both times I've walked him over there, he's been more content to smell around for a minute or 2 and then try to run for the door/gate. I even took his favorite toy (the pink volleyball, go figure!) with us yesterday and he wanted nothing to do with any of it. Guess we'll keep trying.

Bought a TV for the apartment. I have one from college that my dad got me, however, it is VERY HEAVY and big and I didn't think I could move it by myself this past weekend when I was going to get it from Maris's....so I'm saving it for a later time. Instead, a 32' flat screen is doing the trick! Don't have cable nor do I intend on getting it, but Alli's bringing that box you need these days so at least I can get 4 or so channels.

Looking foward to the weekend!! NO PLANS AT ALL.....unless you count sleeping in, because I do plan on doing that! Nate and Shane talked about going to the Ohio State vs. Illini football at Illinois on Saturday, but honestly I don't think those 2 should be allowed at a football game with no tickets ever again. (Don't know that story either? You will!) Thinking about just enjoying the weather on my balcony with the puppy.

Had some free time last night before Nate got done with practice, so I had a little photo shoot with the puppy. Hadn't got the camera out since Jake and Katie's Wedding, and after the way those pictures turned out (bleck) I thought I needed a little make up session. So I used the only moving thing around, Mr. Q Man. Took him out on the balcony when the sun was setting, but he didn't seem to understand what I wanted him to do. We'll see how those turn out. (In case you didn't know, Jake and Dru got me a 35mm camera for myhigh school graduation....that means I still use FILM from time to time!) So, when I finally got fed up with him not posing in cute puppy ways, I headed to Nate's and shot some there of the only other thing I would really want pictures of: My ring!

Made some dinner for the tracklete last night (see what I did there, added Track and Athlete together.) and watched a little Pawn Stars, while thinking about a new job. (And the fact that everyone that takes something into  the that pawn shop wants to SELL.....how do they really make any money?!)  Just a little bored with the current job. Actually, the photo shoot I had last night was because I was thinking about how to make a little extra $$ (you know, if I wanted/needed to get a new car some time in the near future). I'm not crafty, I don't have gym access for volleyball, taking surveys online is a SCAM, and the only thing I do LIKE doing is taking pictures. But realized no one wants to pay for film, processing and me when they can pay people with digital cameras who can guarantee something good. So, I'll just keep doing it for me. Although at this rate, my apartment is going to be filled with my only 2 subjects: My ring and Quincey!

Oh yeah, bought a baby gate for the dog. So he stays in the kitchen now. He left his mark on my brand new bed skirt. And the stupid thing is dry clean only! Enough is enough!


"An alarm clock is a device that wakes you up just in time to go back to sleep."  --Did I mention I overslept this morning......

No comments:

Post a Comment