Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Low-key V-day

 This past Monday was Nate and I's 9th Valentine's Day together! That's almost 10! So you can understand our somewhat "whatever" feel towards the day. Also, every gift reason we have comes within a 3 month spand for us. Christmas, anniversary, both birthdays, Valentines' Day...everything! So we kept it kind of low-key this year. Saturday night I did make dinner (something other than pasta!). And Sunday night we made "Valentine's Breakfast"...for dinner.
Breakfast dinner again.......
 Last week Katie W. had to come up to Indy for work, so Wednesday night the 3 of us went out to dinner, after Katie and I did a little shopping of course. Mom sent our V-day goodie bag up with her...hey, beats paying for postage! In addition to getting the heart pancake mold she gave us Steak N Shake giftcards too!! (and of course candy!) So, guess where Nate and I went to eat for Valentine's Day?? You guessed it!! Oh and guess what coupons we got in the paper on Sunday?? You guessed it again!! (This game's too easy, huh?!) After Nate got home from "practice" he came and picked me up and we went to Steak N Shake with our coupons and giftcards! We got 2 whole meals plus 2 milkshakes, a free Coca-Cola glass for spending $15, AND a bottle of their seasoning for less than $20! We even had 12 cents left over! He headed home after stuffing ourselves and I had a card and some candy waiting for Nate (well, I had to get him SOMETHING!). Of course he acted like he didn't get me ANYTHING!!!! And then he surprised me with an Under Armor shirt I'd been eyeing at Dick's the last couple times we went in there!!!! All in all......a great night with my Valentine!!! :)
One normal picture

 
The self timer went off too early...I was picking up Q's bone

My other Valentine!

Again....and those flowers on the mantel are the start of the centerpieces
for the reception!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment