Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Best Craft to Date!!

Ok guys...this was my most favorite craft so far!! And I am so happy with how it turned out!!!
Was inspired by a couple of different crafts and then just kind of made it my own!!
First, had wood cut at Lowe's (because Nate wasn't home to saw it for me.).
I wanted the wood to big a few inches bigger than the canvas I had planned to use.
Glued and nailed the pieces together like this. Also had to attach wall hangers to the back.
After that I stained all of them. Had to let them dry in the basement because of course it rained all day Saturday! Very surprised at how fast they dried!!

I didn't take any pictures in between, but I had 3 blank canvas that I stapled fabric too.
(The same fabric that I used with the tray!)
I would recommend a staple gun to anyone! Not only are they fun to use but very handy! After I had the fabric attached to all 3, I drew straight lines on them for my letters.
(I used the first part of our First Dance song!)
When all the letters were attached, I did one good coat of paint. The hardest part was letting them dry!
When they were finally dry, I peeled away the letters to reveal the fabric underneath!
I glued each canvas to a wooden background and "ta-da"!!
Personalized wall decor!




I LOVE how they turned out!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment